Echos Of The Past
3rd Thomas Green Reunion
3rd Reunion, Descendants and Families of Thomas Green, Duplin Co., NC, 1726 - 1800
October 10, 2009
Habitat Conference Room, Americas, GA
- Please set aside the above date for once again meeting with kin and families descending from Thomas Green, Duplin Co., NC, born before 1726 – died about 1800. This is the 3rd of a continuing series of reunions to both rekindle fellowship with our kin and to review and honor the experiences and adversity of our ancestry.
- We continue to seek email address updates to be sure notices are provided to all. Please collect and forward email address updates so that we can continue building a more accurate distribution list. Corrections and additions would be most helpful.
- We plan for a quality Thomas Green Descendants document with detailed content. But please be assured that the book (or alternative media) will be available to you at whatever the cost is to us, that is, our time and effort is a labor of love and respect for our heritage. We’ve received much encouragement but continue to seek indications of interests.
- So far, there are only 3 or 4 involved in reunion preparations but, as many of you know, the level of effort required builds rapidly in the several months preceding a reunion. Please advise if you are willing to assist and any special talents or resources you might have to offer. Of particular interest is the need to project a computer image to a large screen display (TV or screen) for presentations purposes. Please advise if you know of or have such a capability.
- It goes without saying that anyone involved in reunion preparations wishes their reunion to be a success and that is certainly the case for your Thomas Green Reunion team. A feeling of success lies in how one feels when walking out the door at the end of the reunion. It is our desire that each attendee sense both a fulfillment of knowledge and a satisfaction of fellowship that attendance has been worth the time and effort.
For those attending from out of town, you may find the following phone
numbers useful for overnight stays.
Nicest motels around Americus:
Hampton Inn 229-924-2138
Holiday Inn Express 229-928-5400
Jameson Inn 229-924-2726
Quality Inn 229-924-4431
Downtown Americus hotel:
The Windsor Hotel 229-924-1555
Americus has much to offer in the form of early architecture especially homes of the south. Also, the Andersonville National Historic park is northeast of Americus about 20 miles up HW 49. Too, the Jimmy Carter National Historic Site is about 10 miles west of Americus on HW 27/280. We also plan a cemetery visit that will include a lunch at a favorite restaurant along the route. Please consider staying through the weekend.
For more information please contact Bill Greene